The Vale Zoo and Botanical Park (PZV) lies within the Carajás National Forest, home also to the Carajás Mineral Complex, the world's largest iron ore producer in operation. The total complex area is 2,741 hectares (2,741 soccer pitches), an area covering just 3% of the forest. However, Vale conserves the equivalent of 90,000 soccer pitches – the other 97% of the forest.
Inaugurated in 1985, the park covers an area of 30 hectares, home to 300 types of mammals, birds and reptiles, living in environments very close to their natural habitats, and featuring a number of endangered species such as the blue macaw, jaguar and puma.
For us, taking care of the park is an investment in our own sustainability. Why not find out more about the park and its main species? Mouse over the map below: